Dr Rebecca Williams is a Consultant Clinical Psychologist with over 20 years experience of working with adults and children with neurodevelopmental disorders such as autism, Asperger’s syndrome, language disorders, learning disabilities, ADHD, as well as developmental delays and other disabilities. She works jointly with experienced and specialist speech and language therapists and/or occupational therapists to give a comprehensive assessment of your child’s needs.
If you would like an assessment for you or your child, then please get in touch for a free, no obligation 15 minute telephone consultation, to find out what an assessment might entail and whether we are the right people to help.
What happens during an assessment?
We assess to NICE guidelines and an assessment normally includes;
- A clinical interview to gain background information and a developmental, medical and family history
- Formal observations of you or your child on more than one occasion and in more than one setting
- Cognitive assessment to find out your/ your child’s ability and strengths and weaknesses
- Communication and/or motor skills assessment if appropriate
- Formal assessment of your/ your child’s social communication and interaction skills
- A feedback session
- A detailed report, including a profile of strengths and weaknesses and suggestions for future intervention or management, and/ or signposting to NHS/ other services
We also offer initial assessments – a two hour appointment, verbal feedback and a brief report with recommendations. You’ll come away with a brief assessment of your/ your child’s difficulties and some suggestions for what to do next.